CCF Remediation Project
The Customs Connect Facility (CCF) provides a corporate gateway for external clients to connect to, and use Customs and Border Protection Service applications. Most of these CCF services are essential for Customs and Border Protection Service operations. The smooth movement of cargo depends on industry organisations connecting to the Integrated Cargo System (ICS), via the CCF, to complete approximately 450,000 electronic transactions per day.
The purpose of this project is to mitigate a number of CCF security and operational risks, and reduce ongoing operating costs, through a significant program of maintenance.
This essential maintenance includes:
- Introducing a new CCF environment that uses current, supported, software versions;
- Modifying CCF hosted applications and associated messaging and EDI platforms to work in the new CCF environment;
- Migrating the current CCF hosted applications and associated messaging and EDI platforms to the new environments; and
- Removing any redundant software, environments and services.
The project also introduces a new user interface, a new digital certificate registration system and a Customs Interactive security layer.
Five (5) levels of access will be available for users (relating to Import Declarations), these level are:
- Read Only
- Save, Submit
- Lodge (withdraw)
- Pay EFT
- Amend EDI sites
All organisations (including sole traders) with the ICS role of Licensed Brokerage and/or Importer will have these options within the new Identity manager. Administrators will have the rights to grant access to the applications and then assign these new roles to other users within their organisation.
All other organisations will have access to restrict users permissions to read only access (for Import declarations) and amend EDI sites.
TThe CCF Remediation Project will deploy to the below environments on the following dates:
- Industry Test - 9 July - 16 September 2012
- Production - 23 September 2012
Please note that the above URL and email address are only valid during the industry test period.
If you have any issues during your testing of the new system please email your query and any relevant screen shots to firstname.lastname@example.org.
White screens on Integrated Cargo System for Internet Explorer Users. For resolution please click here.
If you are missing responses or status messages from Customs and Border Protection, a guide on how to re-transmit messages can be found here.
If you are having issues requesting reports from the ICS, a guide to change the date format can be found here.
A range of User Guides have been provided to assist with all functions of the Customs Interactive.
Login/Registration User Guides
- How to install digital certificates in the CAPI store
- How to log into the CCF
- How to Self-Register your organisation
- How to log into the Identity Manager
- How to move from the Common-Use Signing Interface to SSL login method
Navigation User Guides
- Identity Manager screen features
- How to view your details in Identity Manager (Administrator)
- How to view your details in Identity Manager (Signing Authority)
- How to view your details in Identity Manager (User)
Digital Certificate User Guides
Other functions User Guides
- How to find a User in your Organisation
- How to make someone a Signing Authority
- How to make someone an Administrator
- How to manage User rights to applications
- Identity Manager User Certificate Statuses
- Identity Manager User Roles
- How to activate deactivate an existing user (Signing Authority Administrator)
On screen help within the Customs Interactive is also available.